La Jolla Lutheran Church
You are important (like Luke!)
Luke recorded stories about Jesus that are found in no other gospel.
Like Luke, you are important. You see opportunities for service that no one else will notice.
Here are some of the stories we would never have known if Luke hadn't written his gospel:
* Luke 1:5-80 (the angel's visit to Zechariah and to Mary and details about the birth of Jesus and John the Baptist)
* Luke 2:21-38 (Simeon and Anna seeing the baby Jesus)
* Luke 2:41-52 (Jesus in the temple at age 12)
* Luke 7:11-17 (Jesus healing the widow's dead son)
* Luke 10:29-37 (the story of the Good Samaritan)
* Luke 15:8-10 (the story of the woman searching for a lost coin)
* Luke 15:11-32 (the story of the Prodigal Son)
* Luke 19 (Zacchaeus)
* Luke 23:39-43 (the thief on the cross)
* Luke 24:13-35 (details about two on the way to Emmaeus)
That's just a sample!
Like Luke, if you don't do things God has put on your heart, some of them won't get done. Thank you for doing all God has called you to do!
Experience the joy of a Bible-based church.
Visit La Jolla Lutheran
Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
7111 La Jolla Blvd
La Jolla, California, 92037
14 miles north of downtown San Diego
La Jolla Lutheran Church is a member of Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ. LCMC has more than 700 congregations in the United States and more than 800 worldwide. To find an LCMC congregation near you, visit http://lcmc.net/memberdirectory.html
The Scripture quotations contained herein are from the New Revised Standard Version Bible (NRSV), copyright, 1989, by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S. A. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
|Get our weekly newsletter and stay up to date.|
© Copyright 2016 lajollalutheranchurch.com
All Rights Reserved